free flash templates
free flash templates menu free css & photoshop templates menu free flash animation

PDA

View Full Version : Banner Slideshow Memory Leaks

MichaelBoniwell
11-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Guys, your free flash banner slideshows whilst looking great, leaks memory over time until the browser crashes.

To reproduce the problem, just have your slideshow running and leave it there for half an hour or so. Run task manager and look at the iexplore process. The memory usage just goes up and up. Starts at 60Meg/1% CPU and runs into several gig & 90% CPU (on all cores) then crashes.

Can you take a quick look at your code and make sure you're disposing of objects after you've used them? ie Garbage collection.

Otherwise, we love the slideshow, good work.

freenicetemplates
11-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi Michael,
Thank you very much for this great comment. We didn"t know that. We'll take a look at the code and post a new banner as soon as possible.

MichaelBoniwell
11-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi Michael,
Thank you very much for this great comment. We didn"t know that. We'll take a look at the code and post a new banner as soon as possible.

If you could shoot me an email when you've had a look at this issue that would be great!

michael@bendigoIT.com.au

freenicetemplates
11-25-2009, 08:58 AM
No problem Michael.
I'll try to rember it. If i forget, try to come back in this forum in a few weeks, we'll add a few corrections to banners and buttons.

toshiba
12-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I noticed the same problem.
I turned off the animation loop in the Custom.xml file. That solved the problem. Although not the intention of the site.

i await yr solution

toshiba
12-28-2009, 01:20 PM
No problem Michael.
I'll try to rember it. If i forget, try to come back in this forum in a few weeks, we'll add a few corrections to banners and buttons.
Did you manage to repair the problem, or are you still working on it?

freenicetemplates
12-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Sorry...still working on it.
In fact we chose make a completly new flash animation (that will allow the same effect than the others) that will allow you to add new transition effects. We are working on it and let you know when it will be online (before the 15 January). It will be easier for than debugging the old one.

toshiba
12-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Sorry...still working on it.
In fact we chose make a completly new flash animation (that will allow the same effect than the others) that will allow you to add new transition effects. We are working on it and let you know when it will be online (before the 15 January). It will be easier for than debugging the old one.

Thnks for the reply. Looking forward to the new animation

for now: happy newyear

toshiba
02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Thnks for the reply. Looking forward to the new animation

for now: happy newyear

Any progress on this? I havent seen any new flash headers for this.

freenicetemplates
02-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Sorry sorry sorry...we'll try do check at this issue soon....